I just wanted to share a memory of my Grandpa:
When we were young, my Grandpa came up with "Grandpa day". He would take all of his grandkids that were middle school age and older out of school for a day and we would PLAY! Our "playing" ranged from climbing Black Rock at the Great Salt Lake, going to the Hostess store to buy lots of doughnuts, going the the Deseret Gym (which was torn down to build the conference center!), giving money to homeless people...and he even hired a pilot to take us on a small airplane ride!
We had quite the PARTY for him.....my Grandparents have 8 children, 47 grandchildren and 90+ great-grandchildren. Almost ALL of them were there to celebrate! We pretty much filled the entire church gym!
My mom and her siblings singing......
2 comments:
I love all the posts! It looks like you had a great time in UT... you hit a lot of big events. How lucky! When are you going back next? I am going the first weekend of June for Benji's graduation... maybe we'll overlap? After this spring/summer, Allred family parties will NEVER be the same! Its so fun to have all those babies so close. I bet everyone LOVED their quilts. I enjoyed all the baby pics, but I must say the "back flip" pictures ranked right up there among the favorites. I am impressed you can still do that. I'm feeling like I can't even touch my toes anymore.... I better test that out...
Whoa... what a trip! I can not believe how big your family is. And I can not believe how much is happening- birthdays, twins, babies born, grandpa party, etc. You know how to pack a lot into a short 2 weeks.
Post a Comment