Saturday, April 18, 2009

A visit from (part) of the Allred fam!

My brother Shane and his four oldest kids, Adam, Jaxon, Chandley, and Shaylen came up to visit us! We had a very fun and busy 3 days.

I picked them up from the airport Thursday morning, and we headed to Multnomah Falls. It was such a nice day outside and the Falls were gorgeous! Ben could not come along this day because he had to work.

I know I said it was a nice day, and it really was.....
We are in out coats and hats because the sun is behind the falls and when you get up close to it the water blows all over you and it is cold!


Next, we headed to the Bonneville Dam fish hatchery. It was such a beautiful place. The kids loved it.

They especially loved the Sturgeon....they were huge!
(that is Grayson in the hood)

After the fish hatchery we stopped in at Wendy's for lunch. Then we drove back to our house and took a little rest....
We wasted no time and when Ben got home from work we were off to play again. Next stop: The Woodburn Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival. I have never seen so many tulips in my life! I wish my mom could have been there, she would have LOVED it! We are actually going to go again next weekend because most of the tulips weren't even in bloom yet, so we need to go back because it is going to be even more beautiful in about a week.

This is how many have not bloomed yet.....all that green will be solid colors soon!
Standing in the "Wooden Shoes"

They had these Tractor/train looking things that Grayson LOVED!

Friday was a little rainy so we just hung out at home a little bit in the morning and then we went out shopping. We met Ben for lunch and then came home to let the boys take a nap. We played a little Wii and rested a while. When Ben got home the weather had turned nice so we went to a park to let us all burn some energy. The boys got to play a little game of football too!




On Friday night, I noticed some blisters on Cal's behind. He had a diaper rash, but when I looked in the book to see what to do about the blisters, it said to call the doc immedialty if there are blisters (appernetly if the blisters pop they can get infected easily and it could cause a staff infection) So, I called and they wanted to see him in the morning....but I coudn't get in til 10:40........So, Cal and I had to miss the trip to the coast! I was sad, but the rest of the family had a great time. The weather was really nice (at least for the Oregon coast:)




The kids had fun playing in the sand.



The trip was only a few hours because their flight left in the late afternoon. They headed home and we all had lunch together and then Ben took them to the airport.

It was so much fun having them in town, I really miss living near family so it makes it extra special when we have visitors! Thanks so much Allred family for coming to visit us!

11 comments:

Heather said...

The tulip festival sounds (looks) amazing! I love Spring.

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

It is always nice to have visitors! Looks like a fun time!

Carlie: said...

We were going to go to the tulip festival this weekend, but decided to wait until next weekend! We should go together?!

suzanne said...

Looks like that was way fun! Love the tulips! Wish I was there to go. Shanes family is beautiful and I know how nice it must have been for you to have them there! How's Cal's bottom?

Dani said...

Glad you found so many fun things to do and that the weather was cooperative (for the most part). Can't wait to hit the tulip festival!

Kimberli said...

I want to see those big beautiful tulips in person!!!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Holy beautiful tulips! I hope everything is ok with Cal! Love those boys!

michelle keisel said...

The tulips are beautiful...looks like a fun trip for Shane and the kids.

Lacey said...

WOW. Those flowers are gorgeous!!! It looks like you had a great time.

mom-jayne said...

Having family visit is always so much fun. The pics are exquisite. The flowers are unreal!! I love how you always find fun things to do. Loves...

Michelle Earnest said...

Those tulips are beautiful!