I kind of started a tradition of making rag quilts for babies born in my family. I LOVE finding the perfect fabrics and putting them together. I am not much of a seamstress, but they are so simple to make. So.....with all of my sisters/sister-in-laws on my side being pregnant and due around the same time, I am busy sewing away! Even though there are only 4 pregnant moms, my brother Spencer and his wife Amber are having twins....a boy and a girl! So, that means an extra blanket to make. So, I have one done and four to go! Here is the first......
This one is for my sister Shannon's little girl due in March

14 comments:
Dang I wish I was related to you. Those are adorable!!!
That's so cute. I wish I knew how to do that!
They are NOT easy! Ok, I have never tried one but there is so much sewing and cutting involved. Speaking of, are you loving your new cutting mat? Can't wait to have another baby! :)
Great Job! I have made them with 8 in. squares. That would be a little less work for you! They still turn out cute too!
You are way more of a seamstress than I'll ever be! It doesn't look easy to me at all! Very, very cute! Your blankets are always so adorable!
Hey! I'm not family but I just had a baby! Does that welcome a baby blanket? Just joking but I wish! It's really cute! Good job and great choice of fabric and colors. I've made quilted baby blankets before and it's hard to get all those corners to match up so good job on that! Way talented!
SO cute! They are time consuming. I love these blankets because they are so warm. Shannon will love it!
That is so cute. My sister made me one and I wanted to make a big one for me, but she can't remember what kind of fabric she used. What did you use?
I love the baby blanket. What cute colors. I love that soft minky material, so does Carson. Looks like you are going to be busy! It is so cute!
You really do have an eye for picking the best fabrics. The one you made for Morgen is still my favorite baby blanket by far- warm, soft, fun colors... thank you!
very cute!!! good job!! i need to learn how to do those! I can only do the easy things :)
Cute, cute! Way to go, Sharon. Shannon will love it! It will keep you busy to keep up with all the additional Allred cousins ... and all in the first part of year too.
You are AMBITIOUS! I just buy stuff...maybe you'll have to teach me how sometime. My next baby won't be for a very long time, but I would like to make one:)
So cute, i love the fabrics you chose!!
Post a Comment