Monday, June 2, 2008

Bye Bye Blue

Sad day for Gray. We decided it was time to retire little Blue (aka Gray's binki). He has been attached to one certain blue binki for quite a while now and will not take a new one. Let's just say that Blue was getting pretty disgusting! He only has it when he is sleeping....and he is such a GREAT sleeper! We have been wanting to get rid of it for a while now but have been a little nervous. So, last night I took the binki and cut it so that we couldn't turn back. While Ben was putting him to bed and saying prayer with him he just kept saying "a Blue?" which means where's Blue? Ben just told him that Blue had to go bye bye and that he was a big boy and didn't need it anymore. Last night actually went quite well. He fell asleep without crying, but did ask for Blue quite a few times. Today for nap time was another story.....not a happy boy! I'm sure it will just take a few days. It makes me feel really bad...like I am taking away his best friend or something. Wish us luck the next few days!

5 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Ahh...the necessary parts of being a parent! Good for you for cutting it up - that was smart! I'm such a sap, that I'll probably have to do stuff like that too so that I can't go back on things! :)

What a big boy!

Hayley said...

Getting rid of their comfort things is so hard but, I think you were smart to cut it and go cold turkey. It might be a couple of hard days but, In a few days he will forget all about it. GOOD LUCK!

Dyan said...

Wonderful joys of parenthood! Who would have thought we'd get all stressed and nostalgic over something as silly as a paci?! I too think the right way is cold turkey. Some may think it's harsh, but really what's the use of bringing it back at all just to tempt and torture even more?! Hope Gray survives the transition, I'm sure by tomorrow he'll be over it!

Dani said...

Poor Blue... Poor Gray... Poor Parents! I am sure he will do just fine without it soon enough. And that will be nice not to have to remember it everywhere you go and worry about all the germs that it was harvesting.

suzanne said...

I don't know how you resisted Gray asking for Blue.........poor baby.......and as Dani said, poor poor parents.........good luck!!!!