Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our new addition!

As most of you know, Ben and I have only had one car since we have lived in Salem. It hasn't really been a problem since Ben normally takes the bus to school and work. Last week we both had church stuff going on and both needed a car so we were talking online that afternoon and this was our conversation.

Ben: Maybe we should get another car.

Sharon: Ok, lets get a van.

Ben: Ok, I will look online.

Sharon: Ok

Sharon: Are you being serious?

This conversation took place Wednesday afternoon. As most of you know, Ben is a big time "online shopper" he buys anything from light bulbs to ice trays. Yes, he is a little crazy! Needless to say that night he had narrowed it down to a few different ones. We found one about 45 min away that we loved so Friday morning we headed out first thing and came home with a new (used) van....it was very exciting!!! We ended up getting a 2005 Honda Odyssey and we LOVE it! It only had 37, 000 miles and is in great condition. A few years ago I never thought I would want a van...they just seemed so...well...dorky! But now that I have kids and having talked to a few family members I have actually grown to like them. Here are a few pictures.




10 comments:

Dani said...

You are now a real mom... the transformation is complete. Love the van!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

That looks really nice! Hooray for vans! I don't think this mom is ever going to get one.... :(

nison (nic + allison) said...

That looks like such a nice van! Can't wait to see it on Thursday! Yay :)

suzanne said...

Never say never Summer - I'm pretty sure Ben & Dani were just disgusted by the idea only a year ago! It sure looks like a nice one! Can't wait to take a spin in it!

Hayley said...

I guess I'm kind-of a dork I can't wait to get a van. It looks nice I love the Hondas.

Momma K said...

Seriously, the saddest part is, I am so insanely jealous! Who ever would have thought that a Honda Odyssey would one day become my dream car. We're hoping to purchase one in the near future... fill me in on where you got such a great used one with so little miles!!!

Michelle Earnest said...

Sounds like a good deal...low miles!! I have to say that I am also a big fan of online shopping. :)

Kimberli said...

One of my favorite parts of this post was the repeat of the online conversation between you and Ben... :)

Nice wheels! Looks like you got a great deal. We are happy for you guys.

Jacob Butler said...

Nice!

Blog said...

Oh, that's exactly what I thought, the Stewart's are so dorky! No, they're very practical and I'm excited for you guys.