My mom was able to come and visit us this past weekend. We had so much fun with her! She got here on Thursday night. On Friday, we ran a few errands, then of course we colored some Easter pictures while Cal was napping (Gray is still a little obsessed but is getting really good at it:)

Later that day we headed to the movies to see "How to train your Dragon". At first the boys (mostly Gray) were a little scared, but they ended up loving it. They have been pretending to be dragons ever since!
After we wandered around a mall for a bit and let the boys play.


Saturday was full of Easter activities! We started out the day with our ward Easter Egg Hunt and Breakfast. They got to play fun Easter games too!
This is a game of "Roll the hard boiled egg with your nose". Calvin actually did it but ended up smashing the egg all over the ground...it was pretty funny!
(I didn't get a picture of it though)

Grayson got to hold this bowl on his head while all the other kids tried to toss jelly beans in it....I think a lot more hit him than landed in the bowl!

After the games was the Easter Egg Hunt! Gray had his basked full in about 10 seconds! Cal was a little more picky with what color eggs he was going to pick.

Me and my mom!

Brecken, Gray, and Cal. For some reason they wouldn't put their arms down!

Our little family...

Later, we headed to the Tulip Festival. We went a couple times last year and loved it! My mom has always wanted to go, but has never been here when it is going on. Luckily, the weather was beautiful on Saturday so it was the perfect day to go! (every other day she was here it was raining:)
The boys looking pretty awesome. Cal will not let me hold his hand in the parking lot, but he will hold Grayson's.



BEAUTIFUL!!!


There was lots of MUD, and somehow Cal managed to step in it quite a few times!


They loved this big slide....Cal would only go down it backwards.

Gray went down about 10 times!


On Saturday night, my mom was great and watched the boys while Ben and I went on a date...Thanks again mom!!!
Here are the boys in their Sunday Easter outfits. Since Easter in on Conference Sunday, they got to wear their outfits last week. They would not cooperate for a picture so this is all we got!

On Monday we met up for lunch with Ben, then came home and made an Easter Bunny cake. The boys loved it!


licking the bowl clean!



We had to take Grandma Sandy back to the airport yesterday, and we miss her already! Thanks so much mom for coming to visit...we had so much fun!
7 comments:
Cute pictures. Fun times. Where did you buy the boys easter outfits?? They are cute!
Great pictures!!! Love the shots at the tulip festival. And the at the primary activity your boys look SO grown up! Your boys looks just darling in their Easter outfits and it does make me feel a little better that I did not get a nice brother picture of my boys either. Glad you had a fun time with your mom. Mom's are the best!!!
Mom visits are the best! Looks like you guys had a great time. I think I need to see the tulip festival in person.
Looks like you really had a great time. So glad your mom could come and visit. I know how much you love her to come up! I love the pics of the boys. Grayson has all of a sudden grown up to me. Wow! Can't wait to see you all next weekend!
What fun times! It's always the greatest to have family come to visit! I agree with my mom - Gray looked way grown up in all of those pictures! Good looking boys! And you look great Sharon!
I love that you and Mary have the same outfits for your boys, they are so cute. It's always more fun when your mom is around.
One of these years I've got to get there to see the tuplips! They are so beautiful! I love the pict of the boys holding hands wearing the sunglasses.... Nice!
Post a Comment