Thursday, October 30, 2008

A visit from Grandma!

My mom was able to come and visit this past weekend. We had such a great time and we are already missing her! We picked her up Friday night. Saturday we did a little shopping and then My mom, Emily, and I went to see HSM3....which I LOVED! I can't wait to see it again. The boys hung out at home and watched some football. Saturday night we just hung out at home and the boys played with Grandma. Grayson LOVES Nana to read to him.


Grayson is thinking it so so fun to "wrestle" with Calvin. They both think it is so funny to roll around together, and it is pretty fun for us to watch. Gray has been a little stinker to Cal lately, he will not let Cal get near any of his toys. He will push him away if he even looks at anything he is playing with. Looking at these pics, I think Gray is in for some trouble....I am pretty sure Cal is going to be bigger than him in no time.....so look out Gray!
We had Stake Conference on Sunday and it was nice to have my mom there to help with the boys. Here we are all ready for church.



Monday we did a little more shopping and met Ben for lunch and went and saw the ducks.

My mom was great and watched the boys while Ben and I went out on a date Monday night....Thanks again mom!

Tuesday morning we headed to the "Gilbert House", a discovery place for kids. It is in a couple of really old houses. It was a lot of fun (Thanks again Mary for the tickets from Grayson's birthday!) Grayson especially loved the room with all the big bubbles that he got to play with himself.

They though the moster rocking chair was pretty sweet!




We took Grandma to the airport Tuesday night and were so sad to see her leave. Luckily it won't be long until we see her and the rest of the family again for Thanksgiving! We Love you mom, and we really love it when you come to visit us!

8 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Looks like a fun time! Those are some good looking boys! Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving too!

Lisa said...

That looks so fun! And I totally understand about Gray being mean to Cal - Kirk is the same way to Sara! Oh the joys of parenthood!

Dani said...

It's so nice having a mom in town! Looks like tons of fun. I am jealous that you got to see HSM3!

Mary Kelly said...

Yeah for grandmas! I love the picture of Cal on your mom's lap on Sunday- what a cute smile.
I'm glad the Gilbert house was fun and I'm sure it was helpful having grandma there too!

suzanne said...

How fun to have a visit from the 'other' grandma! Love it! Your mom just shines! She may be the only person that loves those boys as much as me! (this is excluding parents of course!) Loves to you all.....

Dyan said...

I love visits from mom! And I love the boys wrestling...a very familiar sight for me! Mark and I are secretly glad Evan is big enough to give it back to Kaleb a little! :)

Kimberli said...

Fun times! I love aunt Sandy!

Hayley said...

It looks like you guys had a good time. I am sure its so nice to have your mom come and visit for a couple days.