Thursday, July 30, 2009

I love Visitors!!!

We had a visit from my Mom and Dad and my brother Spencer, his wife Amber, and their 4 kids Ty, Cooper, Tegan and Teryn. They were only here a few days but we crammed in a lot and were able to do a lot of fun things!

They got here Sunday night and we just had dinner and hung out. Monday morning we headed to Silver Falls. It was beautiful! The falls were a lot smaller than the last time we were there, but it was still gorgeous. Calvin got a little car sick or something and threw up all over himself in the car right before we got there and I didn't have an extra shirt for him so I had to cut the sleeves off of a sweatshirt and he had to wear that. It was so hot that eventually he just went shirtless!

The four older boys:
Ty, Cal, Gray, and Cooper
Me and Tegan (I promise he is in there somewhere:), my mom, and Amber and Teryn.
I love my Mom and Dad!
Cooper, Spencer, Cal, Amber, and Teryn

After eating lunch and resting for a little bit we headed to a little water splash park to escape the HEAT! I didn't get any pictures, but they had a fun time.

It was Spencer and Amber's anniversary on Tuesday and it is our anniversary on Saturday, so my Mom and Dad volunteered to watch the kids while we went to dinner together to celebrate. It was fun to get a little time away from the kids! Thanks again Mom and Dad!

9 years.....
6 years...(Saturday:)
Tuesday morning we headed over to Spencer and Amber's hotel to swim in their pool....
Spencer just can't ever resist dunking me. (no pics of that included!)
After swimming and lunch, we headed over to the coast. We went to Pacific City. It was 106 degrees in Salem, and only about 70 degrees there. It was a great break from the heat!


Calvin LOVED the water and just wanted to jump in it. It was pretty dang cold though so I think that stopped him, he did fall in a few times though!

Spencer is little crazy and wanted to "swim" in the ocean. If you have been to the Oregon coast, you know that it is not like California....the water is FREEZING!!! But, it didn't stop Spencer. He was just jumping in the waves and I think one time he stayed out there for about 30 mintues straight. His body was numb and RED for quite a while after!

Amber and the cute twins...
My dad relaxing in the sun...

Me and my Mom...

They all had to head home on Wednesday morning and we were sad to see them go. We had so much fun with everyone and it was fun for Grayson and Calvin to meet the twins and to get to know Ty and Cooper better!

Thanks again Mom and Dad, and Spencer and Amber for coming. It really means a lot to us! We love you all!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Fun pictures! Aww... Spencer! What a nerd! He does make things fun though! Was he trying to look like Grizzle Adams? Look at that beard! We really need to make it up there sometime... maybe when it's not quite so hot. Both Grayson and Calvin are darling, but those pictures of Calvin... oh- he is so dang cute!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

What a fun time! When you live away from family, it makes those visits that much more special! I'm glad you got to spend some time with your fam!

Kimberli said...

Hi Sharon. I'm just catching up on your blog.... looks like you've had lots of fun this summer.

I LOVE that cute, cute girly blanket you made for your newest niece. You are quite the seamstress!