Thursday, February 26, 2009

So mad. Want to cry.

First of all, sorry that all I have been blogging about is quilts, but that is all I have been doing lately while my kids are sleeping.....anyway, my story:

I have had a hard time finding fabric for the baby boy quilts. So, I finally found some the other day for the boy twins....they were kind of similar, one red plaid and one blue plaid, and they would have similar fabrics to match. So, I cut them both out and sew the X's through all the squares, then I sew the first red one together. I loved it! So, I wash it so that the edges will fray and................. now I have PINK squares where I was suppose to have CREAM squares. I normally wash all the fabric first so that it doesn't bleed on to the other fabrics. But, for some reason I didn't pre-wash them this time. WHAT WAS I THINKING?

So, after calling Ben, almost in tears, I decide to try to put spray-and-wash on all the pink squares and wash it again......it could only help right? WRONG. I wash it again and......the squares and REALLY PINK now. Somehow the second wash only made it worse.

Now I have a really ugly quilt and have to start over. And I will probably not even make the blue one because I didn't wash the blue plaid fabric either, but I have already cut it out and so it will probably bleed too.

Stupid me.

Imagine how cute it would be if the PINK was CREAM instead.
(It can't even be a cute girl quilt beucase the pink doesn't match anything, the plaid is RED)
Back to the fabric store I go.......

9 comments:

Natalie said...

I think it is cute for a girl! I would totally use it for my girls! I am so sorry I have had a similar experience and it is so sad. Your quilts are beautiful. They are very lucky to have you making them for them.

Emilia said...

Don't despair- You're still the quilting Queen!

Dani said...

So sad!! Can you wash the blue squares by themselves even though they are cut out? You might have to iron them flat once it's washed, but still... all that fabric and cutting for naught!

Anonymous said...

That stinks. there is this product that catches the dark colors, but for some reason I can't think of that it is called. As soon as I figure it out I'll let you know.

Carlie: said...

Oh, that IS a bummer!! It still looks cute in the pic. Well, maybe you can now have a nice comfy blanket to use while we watch our the finale of our favorite show next week!?!!

Sharlee said...

That would make a really cute girl quilt though!! Hey did you try bleaching each cream/pink square or using a bleach pen?

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

How disappointing! That must be frustrating after all that work!

Kimberli said...

That IS sad!

By the way, I've loved the quilting posts! Its been fun to see all your fabric choices. Cute, cute!

Mary Kelly said...

Bummer... it will make the next quilt you make even more special because it literally took twice as long to make.