Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bucket List stuff

I spent the last five days in Alaska with my dad catching all sorts of fish. We had a great time and ended up with about 130 pounds of mostly salmon, and some bass, and cod. We had a great time and it was just what I needed to forget about the bar exam. Thanks Dad!

King Salmon on the Kenai River.



Silver salmon on 20 Mile River.


Chum Salmon on the Talkeetna River (the one day we kind of got skunked).

Our last day on the ocean - we caught a bunch of silver
salmon, delicious black sea bass, and lingcod.

8 comments:

Sharlee said...

Hey Ben... umm wears the picture of you reenacting an episode of Man vs. Wild?? You know, the part where Bear Grylls catches the fish and then just takes a big bite out of it, Raw and everything!

Jacob Butler said...

I am so jealous!

Cougarfan#1 said...

dang those are some big fish. wow!

Dani said...

Great pics! It looks like you had a great time. I am waiting for my fish on dry ice to arrive any day now. :)

Dani said...

Great pics! It looks like such an amazing time. You earned it after the bar! I am still waiting for my fresh fish on dry ice to arrive at my door any day now. :)

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I can't believe that is you - BEN - holding a super bloody fish! That's not my brother, is it???

Glad you were able to get away and relax a bit. You certainly deserved it!

Nic said...

I am completely jealous! One of these days though...glad you guys had a great time.

suzanne said...

Thanks for sharing Sharon and the boys while you were gone..........and for the freezer full of fish. We'll try to save you some..........