Friday, August 15, 2008
Pack or Play?
We are moving in less than two weeks and we should be packing.....but since it was so hot today we decided to play! Ben has been able to be home with us this week and the boys and I have loved every minute of it. We have been dragging the boys around in the car all week looking for a place to live and we all needed a little break so we decided to have a family play day.

First thing we did was head out on a walk. Luckily we got out early before it got too hot. Then we decided to head to the coast to play at the beach.....we definitely got away from the heat. It was FREEZING and super windy, which made it even more cold! Gray had a blast anyway! Cal and I are babies and were cold so we sat in the car for part of it.
Grayson picked out these sunglasses at the store for him and Cal. (They are pretty nerdy but they were on super clearance!) You will notice that Gray is wearing them in most of the pictures....he thinks he is pretty cool.
Ben and Gray had a lot of fun digging in the sand. Grayson would get a shovel full and then walk towards the water and dump it...and do it over and over and again.
So much for swimming....but they do look great in their suits! I am always surprised that people swim in the ocean when it is so cold outside....there were definitely a lot of crazy people there today!
Gray thought the seagulls were pretty fun. He was trying to chase them but those dang birds just kept flying away!
When we got home from the beach we were so hot again (we went from 60 degrees to about 100 degrees in an hour) that the boys went straight to our little pool. By the end of the day the boys were exhausted.... It was such a great day! I am so sad that Ben has to go back to work on Monday, it has been so fun to see so much of him!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Your boys (all 3 of them) are so cute!! That looks like so much fun - and to be able to go from such weather extremes - that would be so great! Good luck with the packing and moving.
I'm glad it was a fun day for the family! Isn't it just wonderful having your husband back? After talking to you yesterday we decided that we wanted to try a beach day next week but we will be sure to pack for cool weather just in case!
hi there...sounds like your week together with Ben was well deserved. so are you moving to a house in the same town you are living in now? and does Ben have a job in that same town as well? I went to the Oregon coast last summer and can relate to how the weather changes...it did the same thing to us.
So fun! that's a crazy temperature change in such a short distance! Glad you got to make it to the beach despite the wind and chill!
Where are you guys moving to? I will be in Oregon in a week. Do you think we will be able to get together for dinner? Also, do you by chance have the mailing address for Lidia Almeida in Figueira? Thanks!
Looks like you guys had tons of fun!! I hope you guys don't move too far away:)
Your fam is the cutest!!! I haven't checked your blog in a while and it looks like you have been busy having fun! It's sad that we're both out-of-utah gundersens now. But we will definitely arrange to get together when we visit g-town. Luv ya!
your boys are super cute! where are you guys moving to?
I love those boys of yours! You should have more..........tehe........I know, I know - in time........
What a fun day! We are headed to the coast this weekend. And count us in for coming down next Friday and I can take your boys and play or help pack, or clean, or whatever you need me to do. Can't wait to see you all!
looks like a blast!
Post a Comment