We started on Monday, and after him peeing on the carpet twice, I gave up for the day. I serioursly can't handle pee on the carpet, it really grosses me out! (I am not a pull-up kind of person either. I feel like they are just diapers, and so does Cal.....he just pees in them:) So, on Tuesday we decided to try again, and again he just peed on the floor. I told him if he was going to be a big boy he needed to go on the potty, or he would have to wear diapers again. So, back on the underwear went! I decided to move his potty chair to the kitchen (he doesn't want to sit on the big potty yet) and see if that would help. And it did! He started going in it, and actually stayed dry for the rest of the day!
I was worrying what he would do for #2 (as most of you know Grayson didn't go #2 on the potty for almost 10 months after being totally pee trained:) On Wednesday he was doing great in the morning, but had an accident. I was in his room cleaning it up when I heard him yelling...."Mom, it came out!" When I came in, he had totally gone "stinky" (as he calls it:) on his own!!! I couldn't believe it!!!
Ever since then he hasn't had any accidents and is going all by himself and still going #2. We went to Chuck-E-Cheese last night to celebrate! He also stayed dry there and went on the "big potty" there twice!
He has already filled up 3 potty charts! The thing I am most excited about is that he is telling me that he needs to go....and half the time he just goes in and goes on his own!
I guess some times it's just better to wait until they are ready!
Way to go Big Boy Calvin!!!
Way to go Big Boy Calvin!!!
9 comments:
Yea!!! Go Calvin!
Woot! Woot! I think I am more excited for you than Calvin! You deserved to have an "easy" potty trainee after all the stress Gray put you through.
Yeah Cal! That is awesome! What a little champ!
Good goin' Cal! I love potty posts!
I was about to write a "potty post" too and thought, "I'll just check my reader first." ha! I can relate! I hate potty training too and was totally dreading it. Elise has done great this week as well.
Miss you guys!
Oh Hooray!! So excited for you and Cal! Way to go!
Wow! Good job Calvin. So Sharon, do you want to come potty train Wyatt ;)? Just kidding.
I say go to Toys R Us and get that kid a prize!!!
I say go to Toys R Us and get that kid a prize!!!
Post a Comment