Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Steve visit!

We had a visit from Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Steve last week! We love it when they come!!! My dad had shoulder surgery last month and he has had the shingles (on his face and mostly in his eye) for a couple months now...so he has been off of work recovering so they got go come for 4 days this time. We did a lot of shopping and hanging out at home (that's what happens in the rainy Oregon weather:) I just love my parents!

Here are some random pictures from the week...

My mom and I even got crafty and made a couple Valentines crafts.
(I actually made this one earlier in the week with Emily, but my mom made the same one while she was here:)

On Saturday we went to the Evergreen Aviation museum. It was actually really cool, and the boys LOVED it! The "Spruce Goose" is there (if you have seen the movie "Aviator" you will know which plane I mean) and I cannot believe how big it is!!! .....
Here we are inside of it...
Grumpy Cal. I don't know what is going on with him, but he is going through a grumpy, emotional stage and is a total mommy's boy. This picture about sums him up....





Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day and Gray and Cal were so happy to run around outside! They even had a fun playground outside too.


Side note.....I just wanted to share this picture of the Tooele Newspaper my mom brought me. My Grandma and Grandpa just welcomed their 100th great-grand child. Can you believe it? 100 great grandchildren! Not to mention the 47 grandchildren and 8 children they have. They are serioulsy some of the most amazing people I know and I love them so much!
Anyway, thanks so much for coming Mom and Dad! We love visitors!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! 100 great grand kids. That's awsome! Love the crafts.

Mary Kelly said...

I'm lovin' the boots! You and your mom are so cute. I'm glad that you had such a fun time with your parents.

Momma K said...

Next time you guys to the Evergreen Museum, let us know. We LOVE going there and it would be fun to meet up there sometime.

Kimberli said...

Isn't it the best to have your parents around?!? I'm always a bit homesick when they leave.

And I love the "sour grapes" thing! Ha! Good luck with 2011! :)

suzanne said...

What a fun time you all had. You have really great parents. I'm just certain I could be a part of your family!