Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Let the summer FINALLY begin!

It has taken a while for the weather to finally be nice here, but now that it is we are definitely taking advantage of it!

Playing at the splash park



We actually went strawberry picking twice last week. We ended up with over 20 lbs! (and it was only $20!) I made freezer jam for the first time and I was very proud of myself! It was super easy. We froze most of what was left and of course we had to make a fresh strawberry shake. It is just amazing how much sweeter they are than the ones you buy in the store! We are going out again this weekend for raspberries. The farm is only 10 minutes from our house so I am pretty sure we will be going back quite a few times just so we can have cheap fresh berries all summer!

Hudson got his first ride on the swing with Dad...

And I just had to post this picture of Hudson. He is getting so big already. His cheeks are totally filling out and his legs are getting some rolls on them! I can't believe he will be a month old on Friday!

5 comments:

suzanne said...

Handsome men in your family Sharon! Love making freezer jam. I won't eat it but it sure made Paul happy tonight to have homemade raspberry jam on homemade bread. 8 loaves made for our vacation!

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MADE HOMEMADE JAM!! YOU ARE A MIRACLE WOMAN:)

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

You are always doing such fun things! And I agree with my mom - those are some handsome men! I can't wait to get my hands on the newest one!

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see you guys in a few days!

Mary Kelly said...

Fun stuff!!! And really Hudson is SO big! He is growing up so fast.