As we were going back, the photographer decides to tickle Grayson to make him laugh and instead of making him happy, he gets freaked out and starts crying. (many of you know Gray is a little shy and is kind of scared of people he doesn't know). Since Grayson's eyes and face are all red from crying, we decide to do Calvin's individual picture. So, I sit Cal down and at the same time notice that Grayson's nose is running from all the crying. So I turn around to grab a tissue and while turning I whack Calvin in the face with my knee (he was about 5 feet from me when I looked at Gray and I didn't even see him crawling over to me).......So, now Calvin is crying, and has a big red mark on his face. AHHHHHHH. That is how I was feeling.
Ben finally returned when we started to actually take pictures. Neither of the boys would cooperate. Grayson was doing a weird thing with his tongue the whole time....sticking it out or licking his lips or who knows what.... And Calvin was scrunching up his face the whole time, which is a face he pulls quite often.
This is an example of each....
By the time we took the family picture both Ben and I were sweating so bad from chasing the boys and trying to get them to STAY ON THE RED DOT!....why do studio's have to be 100 degrees to start with anyway???
After everything was said and done we finally got a few that worked....even though Cal is doing the scrunchy face in the family picture. I am pretty sure we will not get another (professional) family picture until we are done having kids....it's just too big of a hassle. We will just stick to taking pictures at home or something....they seem to turn out better anyway!!!
10 comments:
Ughh I hate those studio places. That is why I only take my clients pictures outside. :)
I think I would cry to if some crazy person tried to tickle me. haha
I am so sorry it was an aweful experiance.
I totally am with you on that. I don't think we'll EVER do a professional shoot. It works so much better when you can just grab them when they're happy and do a quick shot. :) Photoshop works wonders! Your boys are way cute, nonetheless!
I am laughing.............I can only imagine how much you two were sweating under the lights and wrangling kids.............tehe......good thing you are all good looking anyways! Can't wait to see the final product! Red marks and all......Maybe we'll get some good ones at Al's wedding..........
I am so SORRY! I hate experiences like that- instead of pleasant family memories, every time you see those pictures you will be reminded of the chaos that happened behind the scenes! At least it made for an entertaining story for the rest of us and one you can tell Gray and Cal when they are a little bit older. I hope Ben took you to get a milkshake afterward to calm down!
That sounds about right. There seems to be some force of nature that refuses to let families take good family photos! I definitely know how you feel. Can't wait to see my scrunch nosed, red faced nephews!
THAT is a FUNNY story!!! :) I'm sure it wasn't at the time! But you will laugh later! What cute boys you have!!!
Ha, ha, ha! That is so funny! I can't wait to see the pic you chose. However, I did like the sneak preview with the "example photos" of the boys faces. :)
We also just had family pictures so I feel your pain. Finding outfits alone was too much for me. I love when you go to a studio and they tell your 1 year old to old still and smile....yeah like she is just going to stay still. PS Make sure to email me your current address for Christmas cards.
Don't you ever wonder what you did without kids...life was so easy and boring! I can totally relate to that story and we're actually getting pics taken in Dec. I am dreading it--your family is so cute. I have been following your blog for a while now. I don't know if you know I started one--kariandben.blog. You should remember the ben part pretty good. It's such a great way to keep in touch---have a great day:)
Oh jeez! What a nightmare! But glad you made it through it without having a complete meltdown yourself. So, where's the pic? We all wanna see this funny tongue thing of Grayson's and Calvin's scrunched up nose!
oh, and p.s. found the sweater at Macy's....largest size was 24 months? Fits Cade right now but wouldn't last long. So it's a no go. Dang! I'll just admire your cute boys in theirs on Sundays. :)
Post a Comment