Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Waiting....Waiting....Waiting....

At Gray's last visit to the doctor and also at Cal's last visit, our pediatrician noticed something funny at the bottom of both of their spines (top of their little bum's). It is basically just a little V shaped indent that has a little dimple. I have the same thing as well as my mom and sisters so I wasn't all that worried. She wanted to have it checked out out by a neurosurgeon so Ben, me and the boys headed up to OHSU in Portland today. We left a little early so that Gray would be able to take a nap in the car. After driving around for a while we ended up getting there about 45 minutes early...but by the time we parked and what not we were there about 20 minutes early. So we checked in and not joking.....2 hours later we were able to get into a room....and another half hour until we saw the doctor. Can you believe it, 2 1/2 HOURS!!! I can understand being a little behind, but 2 1/2 hours is ridiculous! The boys ended up being fine, although he did notice that Cal's head is a little flat on one side, which we already knew. He really likes to look to the right and sleep on the right so that side of his head is flat. He suggested to have him sleep on his side to try to even things out. So, I am constantly trying to get him to look to his left and he really doesn't like it! All in all the visit was fine except for the long, long, long wait. Oh, and did I mention that Cal is up to 15lbs?!!! He is such a cozy little thing!

6 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

That is a ridiculous wait! Not fun for the boys I'm sure.

So the dimples are okay?

Dani said...

2 1/2 hours with two little ones?! No bueno. What did they say about the dimples? I presume everything is fine, especially since it runs in the family.

Momma K said...

Hats off to you, Sharon! Carting the two around and waiting for that long... I can only imagine the sheer joy that must have been :). Oh, and I think Cal has passed Nolan up!

Sharon said...

The dimples are fine, the doc just said to watch for signs like their feet turning in when they walk or limping. Luckily Ben was with me so we took turns chasing Gray and the boys were both so good!

Chelci said...

Yes I know about the flat head thing too... Nathan also loves his right side. I went to walmart and bought a wedge that kind of forces him to lay on his left side while sleeping. You could try and see if that works for you. Nathan is quite strong now however, so he just turns his head to the right anyways... We have really been trying hard too, we would really like to avoid a helmet!

suzanne said...

sounds like there is nothing to worry about. What does it mean if the feet turn in or limping? That would be a sign of what? Are you worried about his head? Guess he'll be sleeping on his side! Call me and we'll chat..........