Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Staycation 2011



We were able to spend a week in Klamath Falls with Ben's family.....and what a week it was!!! Ben's family is seriously so much fun and we love spending time with them. Here are some of the many things we did..... (warning: very long post with LOTS of pictures:)

The 4th of July:
We have a tradition of always wearing matching 4th of July shirts.....

Parade


Paul's fire work show....the kids thought it was the best thing ever!
They each got to take a turn picking a fire work, and were so excited when it was their turn.




We found a pretty great spot to watch the city fireworks too!

Swimming was on the agenda every day of course.
It was pretty nice to have a pool out the back door! (and also very convenient to put Hudson down for a nap and get to swim at the same time!)

The new slide was a hit!

Rock jumping...


Horse Riding with Gramzee:


Four Wheeler Rides:


Trolley Ride:


Riding the John Deer at the Park:

Roasting Marshmallows:
(do you love my socks and capri's? I didn't want to get eaten by mosquito's:)

We heard a frog in the water feature and the guys were determined to find it, and of course they did!

Train Ride:


Snow cones:


Golfing on Grandpa Paul's green....

Adult date night out!!!


Some of the meals we did after we put the kids to bed. It was really nice to enjoy dinner together without hearing the word "mom" 100 times.....

Seafood fest:
Not sure what I am doing here???


Most morning Ben, Sam and Paul went golfing at 5:45am....they were pretty determined! One of the days all of the guys had a little golf tournament. I don't have any pictures though!

The girls also had a couple "girls day out's"..... The first of which was a "favorite things" lunch. We all brought one of our favorite things and gave them to all the other girls.
Alli's favorite:
Colored sixlets


Nikki's favorite:
Downy wrinkle release
Dani's favorite:
Brownie Spatula, with brownie mix and recipe.

Suzanne's favorite:
A really pretty necklace you can pop the charm out of and replace it with other ones.....really fun!
Summer's favorite:
A fun pocket watch necklace with the birthstones of our families inside.


My favorite:
Swedish fish (of course:) and a fun ring that I love!
Another girls day out, we went to a spa for pedicures and facials. To say it was DIVINE is an understatement! I think we were all about asleep at the end.....hence how great we look in the pictures! Thanks again Suzanne, it was so much fun!


The snack table...... Isn't it ridiculous??!!!

And just a few random pictures:
Hudson loves to give kisses.....to everyone!


Ben and Sam sleeping.
I think the early morning golf sessions are getting to them....
The grand-kids giving Gramzee and Grandpa Paul the picture of their hand-prints.
So cute!

The beautiful view from the house:

And I just have to post this picture one more time....
I love it!
And I love these kiddos!!!


Thank you Stewart Family for such a wonderful week..... and Thank you Paul and Suzanne for supplying your house, money, and time, it was so much fun!!!

5 comments:

suzanne said...

My goodness that was a fun post. It didn't feel like we were that busy but you wouldn't know it by your post. Thank YOU guys so so much for bringing you and your adorables to visit. Never long enough! Loves

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

It was such a great week, wasn't it? I'm always amazed at how quickly it goes by! I wish we lived closer to you guys!

Dani said...

What a fantastic week it was!!! I am so sad it has already come and gone. Glad we packed so much into it! Hope you make a trip this way soon!!

Sharlee said...

Seriously can I just join your family??!! How awesome was all of that!!! Totally jealous:)

Shannon said...

WOW! That's quite the vacation! Looks fun!