Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Summer!

So, I cannot believe that the summer is basically over! We have been pretty busy, but we've had a lot of fun. I have been a big time slacker at blogging...I just haven't found the time to do it!
Here is a post of lots of the activities we have done over the last couple months.....

BLUEBERRY PICKING!!!
(we actually were able to do lots of fruit picking this summer....blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and peaches....yummy:)
I think Gray ate ten times more than he got in his bucket....
Forget blueberry picking....lets just fill our shirts with rocks!

A TRIP TO THE ZOO!
with the Sperry's.

THE SATURDAY MARKET
with the Foulger's

LOTS OF TRIPS TO THE SPLASH PARK

LOTS OF PLAYING IN THE BACKYARD
with otter pops on the extra hot days!



A TRIP TO THE BEACH
with some of Ben's high school friends



OK, so it was suppose to be a really nice day at the beach. So, we packed our swimming suits, sunscreen, umbrella and everything for a nice day.....But of course since it is the Oregon coast, it was FREEZING!
This is what it looked like most of the day.....

I was holding Hudson most of the time. He had a beenie on his head and a blanket on and was dressed warm. This was one of my terrible mommy moments.
I wasn't thinking about him being sunburned through the clouds....and he got burned....bad.


Luckily he had his beenie on or his entire head would have been burned. He was sleeping most of the time and I was holding him against me so only one side of his face was showing. But since his eyes were closed his eyelids got burned too so his eye was basically swollen shut. Am I not the worst mom in the world? I felt so bad!

A few days later the burn turned in to blisters and parts of his cheeks were raw....I felt even worse.


Luckily he has recovered and he looks perfect again! But, I will never forget to put sunscreen on my kids even when there are clouds and fog!

*Anyway, I have more pictures to post about our trip to Utah, but for now that is our summer in a nutshell!

5 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

I've wondered when you would post pictures. I am so impressed that you guys were out and about so much with a newborn- you are a super mom!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Your boys are all just so handsome! And I LOVE that picture of Hudson staring at the camera from the splash park. His poor little sunburn looks ouchie, but I'm glad he was never really bothered by it and that it healed up well. We all have our mommy moments (remember Reece's black eye?!?!) So good to see you guys!

Shalyse said...

Sharon...you are so cute! I just LOVE you!! so happy that you moved into this ward. :-)

suzanne said...

I think Hudson may have Cal's eyes? And you aren't a bad mom.....remember how Ben got cancer under his eye from a bad burn I let him get? That probably puts me in the 'worst mom ever' catagory!

michelle keisel said...

Sharon your boys are so dang cute! Looks like a fun summer. I would love all the fresh fruit.