Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hudson.

We have decided on a name! Hudson. It took a little while to grow on Ben, but now he really likes it. It is cute to hear the boys actually call him by his name. Now that the name is decided we have been working on his room a little more. It is still not done....we have shelves and other things to hang and some stripes to paint, but for now here it is. Ben painted and I made the crib bedding, and I'm really happy with how it turned out (especially since I didn't follow a pattern or anything, I pretty much just made it all up:)


(the train table just keeps getting moved from room to room and for now it is stuck in the baby's room:)

Anyway, for now we are still planning on June 1st to be induced. I never heard back from the doc about he urine test so I'm just assuming the results were fine. My next appointment is on Tuesday morning so I will know for sure when my induction date will be (unless I go into labor before then, but I highly doubt it). But....I am feeling a little more ready for little Hudson to come and we can't wait to meet him!



Here are just a couple "Before" pictures of the room. It always makes the room look better when you see a before picture!
We also got a new crib and dresser with this baby. I made the bedding and loved it, but when I put it in our crib, I didn't really love it anymore with the oak crib. I can't believe how much better the bedding looks in the black crib above! (we are trying to sell this old crib on craigslist... if anyone is interested in buying it we will give you a great deal!)

11 comments:

Nikki said...

Yay! That was my name choice. :) The room looks so cute. I'm excited to see all you and meet Hudson in July for his blessing!

Mary Kelly said...

Wow- the room looks fantastic! I think the black crib looks great. Are you guys feeling better? If you are we would love come play this week before Hudson arrives!

Anonymous said...

Wow good choice of colors. And I LOVE the name.

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

The room looks awesome! I'm still way impressed with your crib bedding, and I love the colors. (Your black crib is the same as ours I think!) Hudson is such a cute name, I can't wait to meet the little guy!

suzanne said...

It really turned out cute. I got the tele pic yesterday and these pictures show it way better! Baby bag material? Going out in a few hours - what are your thoughts?

Kimberli said...

Hi Sharon. I am here visiting Lacey with my mom. We are all SO impressed with your sewing and decorating skills! You made the whole thing up w/o a pattern?!? Love the colors!!!

Shannon said...

Very cute! You are so talented sister of mine!

nison (nic + allison) said...

Holy cuteness! Love the name!

mom-jayne said...

Love the name...love the room. You are right... the black crib really makes the bedding "pop". Can't wait to hear that he is here safe and sound!!

Unknown said...

Wow! So impressed by your sewing talent, and I love the curtains too! Great name, good luck next week!

Hayley said...

I LOVE little Hudson's room! I really like the colors you picked. I wish I would have paid more attention in our clothing class!