Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Well....Here it is! We are finally somewhat settled in to our home. (And we finally have the internet:) Here are a few pictures....we still don't have a lot on our walls, but hopefully once the Christmas decorations are down we will finish decorating.

Here are a couple "before" pictures of the Family room....it was pretty plain and boring....it's amazing what some paint can do!

After long nights of Painting and a little decorating here are some "After" pictures.


Here is a picture of the Kitchen. We still have a lot of work to do in here....touch up paint, get curtains, replace light fixtures......the list could go on and on.....
(sorry about all the clutter on the counters:)
The one thing I really wanted when we got our house was a new Kitchen table and after 6 years of Marriage with our tiny tiny table, we finally have a table big enough for us all (plus a couple others) to fit!


I will post pictures of the boys rooms and our room when they are done. Grayson's is painted, but we still have a few more things to do.

Anyway, we are really happy in our home and it is so nice to finally have a place to call "Our Home"!!!

17 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

Love the pictures! Hooray!! The table is beautiful and your Christmas decorations look fantastic up on that big ledge- maybe you should just keep them up all year to take up the space. So glad you have your internet back up. It is such a hassle when you don't have it huh?

Shannon said...

Wow!!! Your family room looks COMPLETLY different! It looks sooo good! You and Ben did a great job painting and decorating. It looks darling. I bet it's wonderful having your own place. I've got to make it up their soon to see you guys! I'm such a slacker sister! Sorry.

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

It looks great! I'm so jealous of your 'real' house (not to mention your fridge and your dining room table!) So glad you are settled in and back with the internet! I'll have to come see it in person!

Dani said...

I am with Summer. You should have taken a picture of your fridge. :) So jealous!! Love the house and the fact that you get to paint and do whatever you want with it. Glad you are getting settled. And yay for internet! Welcome back!

Sharlee said...

Wow Sharon your home is beautiful!! Is it located in South Salem?

Anonymous said...

I like it alot. You picked out very cute colors! can't wait to come see it!

The Foulgers said...

Looks amazing! I'll have to come see. With taking turns having sick kids and vacations, it seems like forever since I have really seen you. Two seconds at church doesn't count!

Unknown said...

Such a great house! Congratulations to you guys, love your table!

Anonymous said...

Looks so good:) I'm sure you're sick of painting, but it looks awesome!!

suzanne said...

Glad you are back in cyber world. Thanks for the pics. It's looks so greaat! Miss you all.

mom-jayne said...

What a beautiful home!! So happy for you guys. It is amazing what a little paint on the walls does for a room...you did a great job!

Dyan said...

How fun! I bet you and your boys are all loving having a home of your own! It looks like a great place!

Hayley said...

It looks soooo cute! I love your table! I noticed your nice fridge in the picture, I'm so jealous!

Kimberli said...

Congrats on the new house! Wow... you have been really busy. But it looks GREAT! All that hard work paid off (ha! That statment always reminds me of GHS football :)
Can't wait for the next picture set.

jacque said...

Your home looks great! How nice to have your own official place.

Amy said...

It looks so great, yeah! Where exactly in Salem is it? Great timing for the holidays. :)

Michelle Earnest said...

It looks beautiful, congratulations!