Friday, December 9, 2011

Polar Express

Last weekend we headed up to Hood River to take the boys on the Polar Express train.....and to go to the North Pole and see Santa! To say they were in Heaven would be an understatement.

The boys before the train ride with the conductor.
Our friends the Knapps came along, and our kiddos had so much fun riding the train with Maylie, Max and baby Elliot.
As soon as we got on the train, the conductor came and punched each child's first initial on their ticket.
Then we were served our cookies and hot cocoa.....and of course the little chefs brought it while the "hot chocolate" song played.
Hudson is very concerned about little baby Elliot.
We had to stop the train and back up a few time because of caribou in the way, but we made it to the North Pole, and Santa and his elves came on the train! It took Gray at least a full minute to decide what he wanted to ask him to bring him for Christmas!


Hudson was NOT such a big fan of Santa!
Although, he did like him when he wasn't sitting on his lap.

Me and my good friend Stacia

Cal and Gray were just sitting there and the conductor came and sat by them for about 5 minutes. They were just chatting away like big boys. It was really cute to watch them act so old!



The "chefs" came out and sang some Christmas carols with us as we drove back to the train station.
We had such a fantastic time, and the boys are still talking about our trip to the North Pole!!!


A few days ago we made our own little gingerbread train. Gray and Cal did a great job putting every piece of candy on the train! Hudson was already in bed so he didn't get to help out this time!

I love the Christmas Season, and it is so fun to start Holiday traditions with our boys. I love ALL my boys so much!

5 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

That looks like so much fun! Traditions are the best. Your boys are so cute, we can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! (Nice beard Ben!)

Amber said...

How fun! Ben's in the holiday spirit with that grizzly beard :)

Shannon said...

Looks like so much fun! I love your graham cracker train! Very cute!

Dani said...

So fun!!! I would love to take our kids on a polar express train ride! And my kids ginger bread train would not look anything near as perfect as your boys' did! :)

Blog said...

I love the matching jackets, pajamas...so fun!
Remember when I asked for directions for your quilts...I made two...so far.
Last January you posted pictures of a Valentines craft that you did with wooden blocks. Do you just modge podge designed paper? I've never done anything like that before but I want to give it a try!